The Kano State Kano State Bureau for Land Management has requested the Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II to send his account number for payment of N4.5m compensation of his property demolished by the state government.
A joint investigation by DAILY NIGERIAN and KANO FOCUS newspapers revealed that the property, located at Ibrahim Dabo Road, was demolished to pave way for the ongoing flyover and underpass bridge being constructed at the Dangi Roundabout area.
Our correspondents report that the seizure and subsequent demolition of structures within the land as well as the fence surrounding was personally supervised by the state Commissioner of Works, Engineer Muaz Magaji, on Friday, 15 November, 2019.
Although the land bureau did not deny the value of the property and the amount of the compensation quoted in our report, it says the arrangement was done with the consent of the emir.
However, multiple sources close to the emir told DAILY NIGERIAN on Wednesday that the decision was not with the consent of the emir.
The state commissioner of Works and Infrastructure also confirmed last week that the state government took the decision for the interest of the people, without the consent of the owner of the property.
READ THE FULL STATEMENT BELOW
Kano State Bureau for Land Management has debunked reports of some media stations/outfits most especially those operating online that, Kano State Government has seized Emir Sanusi’s Land worth N250 million and paid him N4.5million as compensation.
The State Government didn’t seize any land belonging to the Monarch. Although as the general public is aware that, the present administration of Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje is constructing a gigantic Underpass, first of its kind in the country at Dangi on Zaria road, and due to the nature design and size of the underpass some structures within the area were affected and need to be removed from the area.
Among the structures affected are 2 wall fencing the land belonging to the Emir, one wall at Ibrahim Dabo Road, and the other one is at Dr Borodo Road, and one big dilapidated room attached to the walls, these structures were removed with the consent of His Royal Highness as it was not the whole plot that was affected as some Medias reported.
Any person is free to visit the area to assess and see for himself to avoid doubt, and report to the general public what he/ she has seen instead of carrying news from the people who don’t want peace in State.
Based on this development Kano State Bureau for Land Management is appealing to His Royal Highness the Emir of Kano Malan Muhammadu Sanusi II to send his account details for the payment of his compensation, since the Government has released the money to the Bureau to settle all the compensation of the affected structures, and only the Emir is yet to submit his bank details as at this time.
Once again it should be noted that, there is nothing like seizure of the plot from the monarch or anybody since this Government came on board.
Murtala Shehu Umar
Public Relation Officer
Kano State Bureau for Land Management