Family Loses 3 Children To Late Night Inferno In Lagos

imageThree children of the same parents, identified as Ifeoma, 9; Emeka, 7; and Udeoma, 3, were on Saturday killed in an inferno that destroyed their apartment in Egbeda-Akowonjo area of Lagos State.
The fire, caused by candle light, occurred at about 10 p.m., at No 20, Fakoya Street, Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda Akowonjo.
The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Razak Fadipe, who confirmed this in Lagos on Sunday, said that the fire broke after the father of the children had gone to check his wife, the mother of the children, in the hospital, where she had just given birth to their fourth child.
He said that the fire service was not called to the scene on time, and advised people to stop the use of candle in their houses.
“We got a distress call and when we got there, we discovered that, it was a building that was on fire.
“The building is located at No 20, Fakoya St, . Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda Akowonjo, a suburb of Lagos.
“The fire was caused by a candle, which was lit by their father, while he went to see his wife and the family’s new baby in the hospital,” he said.
Fadipe said that the charred body of the dead children had been removed to a mortuary by the police from Shasha Division.
The fire service boss appealed to people in Lagos to desist from using candle in their homes, as it could be very dangerous.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *